Most recent entries
- Excavations at High Pasture Cave and trial trenching of roundhouses in the wider landscape………
- Excavation News from the High Pasture Cave site
- Fieldwork progressing well at the High Pasture Cave site…..
- End of the 2009 Fieldwork seasons at High Pasture Cave and the Fiskavaig Rock Shelter
- . News Update from Excavations at the Fiskavaig Rock Shelter, Skye…..
- Prehistoric Ard Marks Uncovered at the High Pasture Cave site…..
- Great weather and good progress at the High Pasture Cave site…..
- High Pasture Cave Excavations - 2009
- First phase of the 2009 excavations completed at the Fiskavaig rock shelter…..
- Fiskavaig Rock Shelter 2009 - Excavations Underway…..
- Late finish to the excavation season at the Fiskavaig Rock Shelter site….
- Excavations Resume at Cave of the Speckled Horses, Fiskavaig
- Laser Scanning at High Pasture Cave
- Closure of the High Pasture Cave site for 2008
- Get all of the latest news from the trenches for August 2008
- August 2010
- July 2010
- December 2009
- August 2009
- July 2009
- June 2009
- May 2009
- April 2009
- March 2009
- October 2008
- September 2008
- August 2008
- July 2008
- June 2008
- May 2008
- April 2008
- November 2007
- September 2007
- July 2007
- June 2007
- May 2007
- November 2006
- October 2006
- September 2006
- August 2006
- July 2006
- June 2006
- May 2006
- April 2006
- March 2006
- February 2006
- November 2005
- October 2005
- September 2005
- August 2005
- July 2005
- June 2005
- May 2005
- April 2005
- March 2005
- February 2005
25th to 29th March: New finds and features from Trench 2 (29/03/2005)
Improved weather conditions have assisted the excavation of Trench 2 at the High Pastures site. Several new finds and features have been recovered.
22nd - 24th March: Fine weather and more results from Trench 2 (27/03/2005)
Improved weather conditions, including some sunshine!, resulted in the archaeologists resuming their work at the High Pastures site. Progress in Trench 2 continues and an hearth setting is uncovered in the northwest sector abutting the tumbled granite wall.
Weather halts work on Trench 2 (27/03/2005)
Heavy rain and strong winds hindered excavation work at the High Pastures site between the 11th and 20th March. Little progress was made in Trench 2. However, we hope to be back on site by the 22nd March.
7th - 10th March: Work Continues on Trench 2 (27/03/2005)
The excavation of Trench 2 continues and several artefacts are recovered, including sherds of prehistoric pottery, a fragment of a flint arrowhead and a stone spindle whorl.
2005 Fieldwork Season at High Pastures (27/03/2005)
The 2005 fieldwork season is now underway at the High Pasture Cave site. The news page will be updated on a regular basis to keep you informed of developments. Therefore, make regular visits to the website and the News Page to find out how work is progressing.
Virtual Tour is live (18/03/2005)
We have started putting up a sequence of images that form a virtual tour of the cave.