Most recent entries
- Excavations at High Pasture Cave and trial trenching of roundhouses in the wider landscape………
- Excavation News from the High Pasture Cave site
- Fieldwork progressing well at the High Pasture Cave site…..
- End of the 2009 Fieldwork seasons at High Pasture Cave and the Fiskavaig Rock Shelter
- . News Update from Excavations at the Fiskavaig Rock Shelter, Skye…..
- Prehistoric Ard Marks Uncovered at the High Pasture Cave site…..
- Great weather and good progress at the High Pasture Cave site…..
- High Pasture Cave Excavations - 2009
- First phase of the 2009 excavations completed at the Fiskavaig rock shelter…..
- Fiskavaig Rock Shelter 2009 - Excavations Underway…..
- Late finish to the excavation season at the Fiskavaig Rock Shelter site….
- Excavations Resume at Cave of the Speckled Horses, Fiskavaig
- Laser Scanning at High Pasture Cave
- Closure of the High Pasture Cave site for 2008
- Get all of the latest news from the trenches for August 2008
- August 2010
- July 2010
- December 2009
- August 2009
- July 2009
- June 2009
- May 2009
- April 2009
- March 2009
- October 2008
- September 2008
- August 2008
- July 2008
- June 2008
- May 2008
- April 2008
- November 2007
- September 2007
- July 2007
- June 2007
- May 2007
- November 2006
- October 2006
- September 2006
- August 2006
- July 2006
- June 2006
- May 2006
- April 2006
- March 2006
- February 2006
- November 2005
- October 2005
- September 2005
- August 2005
- July 2005
- June 2005
- May 2005
- April 2005
- March 2005
- February 2005
24th April 2005 - Good progress made in Trench 2 (24/04/2005)
The excellent weather conditions during the past week has resulted in good progress in Trench 2. Read on for the latest update.
17th April 2005 - Edge of entrance shaft found (17/04/2005)
Improved weather conditions has resulted in some progress at the High Pastures site. We have now positively identified the edge of the filled entrance shaft and recovered a few more finds. Read on for details of progress at the site.
13th April 2005 - Dodging the showers at High Pastures (13/04/2005)
Four seasons of weather in one week has resulted in a limited amount of work being undertaken at the High Pastures site. Read on for an update of work carried out in Trench 2.
6th April, 2005: A return to winter conditions at the High Pastures excavation (06/04/2005)
After several good days of weather and progress at the High Pasture excavation, we have experienced a return to winter conditions, with strong winds, hail and heavy rain!