Most recent entries
- Excavations at High Pasture Cave and trial trenching of roundhouses in the wider landscape………
- Excavation News from the High Pasture Cave site
- Fieldwork progressing well at the High Pasture Cave site…..
- End of the 2009 Fieldwork seasons at High Pasture Cave and the Fiskavaig Rock Shelter
- . News Update from Excavations at the Fiskavaig Rock Shelter, Skye…..
- Prehistoric Ard Marks Uncovered at the High Pasture Cave site…..
- Great weather and good progress at the High Pasture Cave site…..
- High Pasture Cave Excavations - 2009
- First phase of the 2009 excavations completed at the Fiskavaig rock shelter…..
- Fiskavaig Rock Shelter 2009 - Excavations Underway…..
- Late finish to the excavation season at the Fiskavaig Rock Shelter site….
- Excavations Resume at Cave of the Speckled Horses, Fiskavaig
- Laser Scanning at High Pasture Cave
- Closure of the High Pasture Cave site for 2008
- Get all of the latest news from the trenches for August 2008
- August 2010
- July 2010
- December 2009
- August 2009
- July 2009
- June 2009
- May 2009
- April 2009
- March 2009
- October 2008
- September 2008
- August 2008
- July 2008
- June 2008
- May 2008
- April 2008
- November 2007
- September 2007
- July 2007
- June 2007
- May 2007
- November 2006
- October 2006
- September 2006
- August 2006
- July 2006
- June 2006
- May 2006
- April 2006
- March 2006
- February 2006
- November 2005
- October 2005
- September 2005
- August 2005
- July 2005
- June 2005
- May 2005
- April 2005
- March 2005
- February 2005
25th May 2005 - New trench opened at High Pastures, while new features are revealed in Trench 2 (25/05/2005)
Trench 2 continues to reveal some interesting features including possible structural elements and evidence of some type of fire, set directly on top of a horizontal slab of stone. Features immediately to the northwest of Trench 2. Read on for a full report and the latest digital images.
15th May 2005 - Trench 2 goes deeper as we approach the entrance to Bone Passage (15/05/2005)
Dry and sunny conditions at the High Pasture Cave site and a full week of excavation has resulted in good progress and some new finds, including a granite pebble grinder and deposits of animal bone. Click on the links to find out what has been going on at the site this week.
8th May 2005 - Weekly update for the excavation of Trench 2 (08/05/2005)
Although the unsettled weather conditions during the past week have hindered our work in Trench 2 at the High Pastures site, we are making steady progress with the excavation. Read on for details of some new discoveries made during the week.
1st May 2005 - More structural evidence from Trench 2 (01/05/2005)
Although we have once again been plagued by heavy showers of rain this week, some new structural evidence has been uncovered in Trench 2. Read on for this weeks report, including details of some new finds.