Most recent entries
- Excavations at High Pasture Cave and trial trenching of roundhouses in the wider landscape………
- Excavation News from the High Pasture Cave site
- Fieldwork progressing well at the High Pasture Cave site…..
- End of the 2009 Fieldwork seasons at High Pasture Cave and the Fiskavaig Rock Shelter
- . News Update from Excavations at the Fiskavaig Rock Shelter, Skye…..
- Prehistoric Ard Marks Uncovered at the High Pasture Cave site…..
- Great weather and good progress at the High Pasture Cave site…..
- High Pasture Cave Excavations - 2009
- First phase of the 2009 excavations completed at the Fiskavaig rock shelter…..
- Fiskavaig Rock Shelter 2009 - Excavations Underway…..
- Late finish to the excavation season at the Fiskavaig Rock Shelter site….
- Excavations Resume at Cave of the Speckled Horses, Fiskavaig
- Laser Scanning at High Pasture Cave
- Closure of the High Pasture Cave site for 2008
- Get all of the latest news from the trenches for August 2008
- August 2010
- July 2010
- December 2009
- August 2009
- July 2009
- June 2009
- May 2009
- April 2009
- March 2009
- October 2008
- September 2008
- August 2008
- July 2008
- June 2008
- May 2008
- April 2008
- November 2007
- September 2007
- July 2007
- June 2007
- May 2007
- November 2006
- October 2006
- September 2006
- August 2006
- July 2006
- June 2006
- May 2006
- April 2006
- March 2006
- February 2006
- November 2005
- October 2005
- September 2005
- August 2005
- July 2005
- June 2005
- May 2005
- April 2005
- March 2005
- February 2005
Hearth settings excavated in Trench 2 (29/06/2005)
Fine, dry and sunny weather over the last few days has resulted in good progress at the High Pastures site. We have recovered some exciting finds from the Trench 2 extension and have exposed two large granite slabs below the hearth settings. These may be the roof slabs covering the original passage into the cave. Read on for news of these discoveries.
Trench 2 extension reveals more finds (22/06/2005)
Although the weather has remained unsettled during the past week, we have managed to make some progress with the excavation of the Trench 2 extension. Read on to see what we found.
7th - 10th June 2005 - Superimposed Hearth Settings uncovered in Trench 2 (13/06/2005)
A fine week of weather allowed us to make good progress at the High Pastures site. Read on for details of what we have found in the trenches, including some new finds.
Torrential rain results in some delay in progress at the High Pastures site (06/06/2005)
Heavy and prolonged rain resulted in some delay with the excavation at the High Pastures site last week, with only two days work at the beginning of the week. However, with help from our volunteers we have been able to open up new trenches to investigate other aspects of the site. Read on for more details and images.