Most recent entries
- Excavations at High Pasture Cave and trial trenching of roundhouses in the wider landscape………
- Excavation News from the High Pasture Cave site
- Fieldwork progressing well at the High Pasture Cave site…..
- End of the 2009 Fieldwork seasons at High Pasture Cave and the Fiskavaig Rock Shelter
- . News Update from Excavations at the Fiskavaig Rock Shelter, Skye…..
- Prehistoric Ard Marks Uncovered at the High Pasture Cave site…..
- Great weather and good progress at the High Pasture Cave site…..
- High Pasture Cave Excavations - 2009
- First phase of the 2009 excavations completed at the Fiskavaig rock shelter…..
- Fiskavaig Rock Shelter 2009 - Excavations Underway…..
- Late finish to the excavation season at the Fiskavaig Rock Shelter site….
- Excavations Resume at Cave of the Speckled Horses, Fiskavaig
- Laser Scanning at High Pasture Cave
- Closure of the High Pasture Cave site for 2008
- Get all of the latest news from the trenches for August 2008
- August 2010
- July 2010
- December 2009
- August 2009
- July 2009
- June 2009
- May 2009
- April 2009
- March 2009
- October 2008
- September 2008
- August 2008
- July 2008
- June 2008
- May 2008
- April 2008
- November 2007
- September 2007
- July 2007
- June 2007
- May 2007
- November 2006
- October 2006
- September 2006
- August 2006
- July 2006
- June 2006
- May 2006
- April 2006
- March 2006
- February 2006
- November 2005
- October 2005
- September 2005
- August 2005
- July 2005
- June 2005
- May 2005
- April 2005
- March 2005
- February 2005
Fieldwork progressing well at the High Pasture Cave site…..
Posted by steven on 28/07/2010 at 09:05 PM
Apologies for the lack of updates on the website this year. Internet access problems and some major changes in my personal life have resulted in no fieldwork updates over the past few months....however, this does not mean that fieldwork has not been progressing. Despite some very changeable weather during June and July, we have had a great season so far with some exciting finds and new archaeological discoveries.
Trench 19 showing a large granite recumbant stone surrounded by smaller stone packing
Fieldwork this year has taken two distinct lines of investigation; the continuation of excavations at the main High Pasture Cave site and the recording and evaluation by trial excavation of potential prehistoric roundhouses in the wider landscape......the latter sites were identified through a detailed walkover survey of Strath Suardal, the glen stretching from Broadford to Torrin.
I will be updating the website over the next couple of days, including some images, so log back on to the site again soon................
Next entry: Excavation News from the High Pasture Cave site